Innovative 3D wound scanner
Teccluster’s latest project is a 3D wound scanner, developed in cooperation with Odense University Hospital.
short project description
In 2011, we started working with Odense University Hospital on developing a unit for efficient treatment of diabetic and chronical wounds, resulting in an advanced and mobile 3D scanner unit that takes 3D pictures of the wound. The area and volume is then calculated, which is impossible with traditional methods. The idea is to be able to compare wound scans after starting treatment over very short periods of time in order to identify the correct treatment - faster than ever before.
The 3D wound scanner enables:
- Fewer treatments and drastic reduction of medical consultations and hospital visits.
- Improved and shorter treatments, resulting in reduced pain and discomfort.
- Improved quality of life.
- Less patient transportation.
- The wound scanner is expected to reduce annual costs with 4.6 million DKK for OUH and 3.0 million DKK for home care.